Tuesday, October 7, 2008

push polled by secular messiah..

man-made-messiah delivers change.. it can't be said enough - look at what he does, don't listen to what he says. all of the bleeders out there who cannot wait to shelve their self inflicted guilt will ignore this -- but the hard working American who takes time to understand a topic will find the following unsurprising.

this from sunblog:

Push Polled
When the phone rings, and nothing shows up on the caller ID it's usually one of two entities on the line: telemarketers or pollsters. Tonight, it was the latter. The caller said he was conducting a national opinion poll and wondered if I had a few moments to answer some questions.

Since I'm a political geek, I agreed.

The poll started with standard questions about party registration, personal ideology and who I planned to vote for in various races next month. It then moved onto who I would trust more to handle particular issues and my personal opinion on a number of political figures.

Then the weirdness started. The pollster said the next set of questions was to determine whether I found a set of arguments convincing on a scale of zero to ten, zero being not at all convincing and ten being totally convincing. The first statement was 'John McCain voted 24 times against voting the minimum wage while Barack Obama voted for the wage and to protect American workers.' I answered zero, and figured an anti-Obama statement would be coming next.

Nope. The next question had to do with health care, and said that John McCain voted to spend money on providing tax cuts for the rich while Barack Obama wanted to use the money to provide health care for orphaned children or something. I answered zero again.

Next issue? McCain is a puppy-murdering fiend whose favorite hobby is feeding the cute little fellas to crocodiles while Obama has his own personal angelic choir to sing his praises. Okay, maybe I made that last one up. It was actually something about how McCain voted against the interests of the American worker on various issues, while Obama voted to protect them. By this point, I figured out what was going on and pretended to think about it before saying zero again just to annoy the guy and have some fun.

There were about half a dozen questions like this and I answered zero on most. I answered three on a couple of them to give the guy a little encouragement, though. I'm a giver that way. The more conservative my answers got, the less professional the 'pollster' became. He actually chuckled in derision at a few answers.

He then moved to demographic questions. He asked about church attendance. When I said I attended once a week, I heard him mutter "Does it work?" followed by another chuckle. At the end of the poll, I asked him which polling firm he represented - Rasmussen, Gallup, Survey USA? His answer? "Uh...national opinion poll..."

It seems Senator Hopenchange is either using push-polling, or a 527-type organization is doing so on his behalf. I guess Maine's second congressional district really is in play.

Funny. The 'new politics' of Barack Obama and his supporters seems awfully like like the old type.

So...has anyone else heard from this 'pollster?'

No comments: